Beef Roast and Vegetables in a Slow Cooker
The Recipe: Beef Roast and Vegetables in a Slow Cooker
- 4 meduim potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound beef round roast, pre-browned by a grown up
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup gluten free beef stock, tomato juice, red wine or water (water would be my very last option if nothing else was on hand)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Remember to wash your hands.
- Peel potatoes, using a vegetable peeler; rinse and cut into 2 inch chunks.
- Peel carrots, rinse and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Peel onion, rinse and cut into rings.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. (My kids usually add sage and thyme as well. Yum! 1/2 teaspoon each.)
- Place roast in center of slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Wash your hands with soap and water. Place potatoes, carrots and onions around the roast. Add enough water to barely cover vegetables; add vinegar.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on the low temperature setting for 8 to 10 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.