Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Gluten Free Dairy Free
I’m going to toot my own horn for a minute… Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are the BEST chocolate cookies EVER! (Cue dancing in the kitchen here…) Ok, I’m back. But, honestly, these cookies, with their perfect chewy edge and soft center, intense chocolate flavor and large chocolate chunks are just the thing when chocolate craving hits. The little punch of spice is optional, but I do recommend trying it. The warmth really balances the rich chocolate. All that AND they are gluten free and dairy free. I’m telling’ ya – it’s cookie heaven!
The Recipe: Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 4 tablespoons Earth Balance stick margarine or 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup GFjules All Purpose Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put Silpat or baking parchment on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small pan, melt margarine or coconut oil over medium-low heat. Add first measure of chocolate and melt, stirring often until chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat and stir until chocolate melts completely. Do not overcook chocolate. Set aside.
- While chocolate melts, in a mixing bowl, whisk together gluten free flour blend, baking powder, cayenne, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment whip eggs and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla and bland. With mixer on low, slowly add melted chocolate mixture. Mix until chocolate is completely blended. Add gluten free flour blend mixture. Beat until everything is well combined, scraping bowl as needed. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake until glossy & crackly on top and soft in the center, about 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Cool on a pan for a couple minutes before moving to cooling rack.