My daughter is turning out to be quite a good cook. She wanted to make my pumpkin waffles, but found we didn’t have any pumpkin puree. However, we did have applesauce, so she use that instead and used cinnamon instead of pumpkin pie spice and before you know it we had apple waffles for lunch! Thanks, sweetie!
We are going to make a BIG batch of these when it is time to stock the freezer with breakfasts for school. YUM!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Cinnamon Apple Waffles
- 1 3/4 cups bean based flour blend or 6 T garbanzo bean/fava bean flour, 1/4 c sorghum flour, 9 T potato or corn starch, and 9 T cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- 1 tablespoon sucanate maple syrup, maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup dairy free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the first five ingredients well. In a blender or separate bowl, blend the sweetener, oil, applesauce, dairy-free milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Cook on a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Alternate: Make pancakes instead instead of waffles in a lightly oiled pan.
- To serve: Heat through until warmed through.