Green Goddess Dressing or Dip – Make your own…
Creamy and packed full of herbs, Green Goddess Dip is a fresh addition to your table for Spring. Thin it a bit with a tablespoon or two of dairy free milk substitute and you have a delicious dressing to top a salad. Hope you enjoy!
The Recipe: Gluten & Dairy Free Green Goddess Dressing or Dip
- 2 cups fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves or fresh dill
- 4 green onions chopped, green and white parts
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise or vegan substitute
- 1/4 cup plain gluten and dairy free yogurt substitute, I use coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced lemon zest
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- After washing the herbs, spin them dry in a lettuce spinner or shake off excess water.
- Extra water on the herbs will thin the dip.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until herbs are finely minced and dip is creamy.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight, to allow flavor to develop. Serve dip with veggies or as a dressing over salad.