Gluten Free Dairy Free Turkey Spinach Meatballs
Today I share Turkey Spinach Meatballs at OAMM. Stop by and sat “Hi!”
* * * * *
My kids adore meatballs. Big ones, little ones, served on gluten free noodles, made into a sandwich, served on toothpicks. Trust me. Make meatballs and kids come running to the table! I love having meatballs in the freezer because it makes it easy to pull together a meal fast. These Gluten Free Dairy Free Turkey Spinach Meatballs are baked, not fried, and they have the addition of spinach and green onions for added nutrition and flavor.
The below recipe is slightly different than how it is posted at OAMM, but it is how I actually make it for my family. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Turkey Spinach Meatballs
- 2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cup loosely packed fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup ketchup, I like fruit juice sweetened
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cup gluten and dairy free soft, not dry bread crumbs (use half as much if using dry crumbs)
- 1/2 cup gluten and dairy free parmesan cheese substitute, optional
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Combine turkey, spinach, green onions, oregano, basil, ketchup, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and cheese substitute in large bowl. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in prepared baking dish. Bake 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Freezing Directions:
- To freeze: Allow to cool. Divide meatballs among the number of gallon-sized freezer bags indicated. Remove as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat until warm.