Gluten Free Dairy Free Beef & Pork Meatballs
- 1 1/4 cups onion
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 medium carrot trimmed and peeled
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup gluten free ketchup I like fruit juice sweetened
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup gluten & dairy free bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- olive oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the onion, garlic and carrot pieces into a food processor until the texture is very finely diced. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, briefly stir together the ground beef and pork. Add in the processed onion, garlic and carrot mixture, ketchup, molasses, balsamic vinegar, parsley, gluten-free bread crumbs, and salt. Mix gently to combine. Form the mixture into balls about the size of golf balls. Place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs in the center of the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Allow meatballs to cool. Put meatballs into gallon-sized freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat meatballs through to serve.