These are ridiculously delicious! Perfect for dinner or pop in the lunch box. I’ve even served them up with toothpicks as an appetizer. So, so good!
The Recipe: Apricot-Curry Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup dry gluten free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dairy free milk substitute, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounce apricot preserves, fruit juice sweetened preferred
- 1/3 gluten free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons peeled grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon gluten free curry powder
- for garnish: thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix meat, bread crumbs, milk substitute, eggs, green onions, salt and pepper together.
- Shape mixture into meatballs. Place meatballs on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Bale at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes until baked through. Drain off any excess grease.
- To freeze: Allow meatballs to cool. Package in a gallon-sized freezer bag, remove excess air, seal and label. In a quart-sized freezer bag mix together apricot preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and curry powder. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and bundle together with meatball package.
- To serve: Thaw meatballs. Put in a slow cooker. Pour ingredients from quart-sized bag over meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours. Alternatively, heat mixture in large pan. Add meatballs and heat until meatballs are heated through and sauce has thickened. Sprinkle with thinly sliced green onions and serve.