Black Bean Salsa Chicken, Slow Cooker
I love this easy-peasy one pot meal. It is great simply served in a bowl with sliced avocado and dash of lime juice, or as a topping for baked sweet potatoes or as a different topping for nachos with some dairy free “cheesy” sauce. When the weather turn cold, my kids like to find this in their thermos bowls at lunch time with some tortilla chips and those single serving packets of guacamole.
The Recipe: Slow Cooker Black Bean Salsa Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed & drained (about 1 1/2 fifteen ounce cans)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups gluten free salsa
- 1 cup chopped onions, 3/4” to 1” pieces
- 1 cup chopped green pepper, 3/4” to 1” pieces
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper, 3/4” to 1” pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Good served over cooked rice, scooped up with tortilla chips or rolled in gluten free tortillas. We like it served over baked potatoes or baked sweet potatoes.
- Freezer instructions: Put all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze. To serve: Thaw. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.