This was was originally from Erin Chase, the $5 Dinner Mom. LOVE her and her site! This is my adaption on how I make it for the freezer with a few flavor twists my family likes. Thanks, Erin, for all you do to make affordable, tasty dinners easy for everyone!
Pork Roast with Apples and Pears for the Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast or pork loin
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium apples peeled and sliced
- 2 medium pears peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Freezer directions: Place all ingredients in a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Cook in a covered slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours on low, depending on how sliceable or shreddable you like your roast to be.