Do you love bananas as much as we do? Try these yummy pancakes as a great start to your day!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Banana Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free bean based flour blend or 2/3 cup tapioca flour/starch, 2/3 cup corn or potato starch, 10 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons garbfava flour, and 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sourgum flour
- 4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 2 cups GFCF milk substitute ie: almond, rice, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and mashed
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together, except mashed bananas, until blended then add to the dry ingredients. Stir until blended together. There will still be some lumps, but try not to have too many. Fold in mashed bananas. Cook 2-3 Tablespoons of batter per pancake in a preheated lightly oiled pan as you would regular pancakes, flipping pancake over when there are bubbles on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
- To Freeze: Cool pancakes on a wire rack. Place in large freezer bags, removing as much air as possible without smashing pancakes, seal, label and freeze. If desired, you can place a small piece of waxed paper between pancakes to make them easier to separate when frozen.
- To serve: Toast until heated through. Serve with your favorite topping and enjoy!