I know… Buffalo Chicken. PIZZA! Hello, darling, come to mama! Who’s watching the
commercials the game today? Honestly, it is all about the food for me. Fun game food. Gluten Free Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Pizza combines two game day favorites into one tasty dish. If you like your buffalo chicken hot and extra spicy, just add a bit more hot sauce to taste. If you like to make it ahead (like I do) making your game day prep easier on yourself, there are freezer instruction for ya. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
I use my family’s favorite Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Crust (it is also free of soy and nuts, and can also be egg and corn free) and it make two 13″ to 15″ pizza crusts.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- One recipe of Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Crust divided into 2 pizza crusts and shaped
- 3 tablespoons oil divided
- one large onion thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders cut into slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons gluten free hot sauce of choice to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup gluten and dairy free cheese substitute I like my Pizza Cheese sauce, Cashew Cheese sauce, or a homemade shreddable mock-zzarela but use your favorite.
- Saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until caramelized. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat remaining oil and sauté chicken until cooked through, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Stir until combined. Check seasonings and remove from heat.
- Oil 2 pieces of parchment, place one on each of 2 13-inch to 15-inch pizza pans or a baking sheet. Set aside. Make pizza dough as per recipe. Divide dough in half. Place each portion on a prepared pizza pan. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over your hand and one portion of dough. I usually pat the dough back and forth in my hand until rounded. Spread the dough out evenly over the pizza pan, forming a ridge around the edge to contain the pizza toppings.
- Dividing between the two pizzas crusts, evenly spoon sauce and chicken onto pizza crusts and to about 1 inch to the raised edges of dough. Dividing between the two pizzas top with caramelized onions.
- If baking right away: Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven until crust is golden and cooked through. Top pizzas with non-dairy cheese substitute if using. Put pizzas back into oven, but turn off the heat. Let the left over heat melt the cheese substitute. This should only take a few minutes.
- To freeze: Add non-dairy cheese substitute, if using. Wrap with plastic and place in coldest part of the freezer. When frozen, you can remove the pizza from the pan and place on a circle of cardboard to prevent breaking while being stored. Wrap pizza well with plastic and foil.
- To serve: Unwrap frozen pizza, leaving parchment. Put pizza on pizza pan or baking sheet; place in cold oven. Turn oven to 400 degrees. Bake until crust is golden and toppings are bubbly.