I used to make a version of this in our vegan days, before we had the celiac diagnosis using mock chicken and vegan mayo. It was a big favorite and I usually made a double batch for us to snack on. My hubby loves it! I was thrilled to realize the noodles I already used were gluten free as I liked to use gluten free quinoa-corn pagoda veggie noodles in the recipe. Yay! Below is how we make it now, with roasted chicken, and still with the quinoa noodles (I like the ones with multiple veggie colored noodles to make a nifty rainbow salad). I hope you like it as much as we do!
Gluten & Dairy Free Chicken, Noodle and Grape Salad
- 1 3/4 cup gf/cf mayo
- 1/3 cup minced celery with leaves
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 t dried
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1 clove minced or pressed garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups of cooked diced chicken
- 6 to 8 cups of cooked gluten free quinoa pagoda noodles
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cups grapes I use 1/2 red and 1/2 green and you can cut them in half or leave whole
- 1 cup of raw or toasted walnuts or slivered almonds or cashews optional
- In a bowl mix together mayo, celery, parsley, onion, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked chicken, gluten free noodles, celery, grapes, and nuts. Carefully fold mayo mixture into chicken and noodles, evenly coating everything.
- Chill, covered, until time to serve.