Curried Chicken or Turkey Salad with Fruit
The Recipe: Curried Chicken or Turkey Salad with Fruit
- 3/4 cup dairy free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dairy free plain yogurt or more dairy free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons gluten free curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups cooked, chopped chicken or turkey meat
- 1 1/2 cups apple, peeled, cored, chopped and tossed with 1 t lemon juice, chopped mango or pineapple
- 3/4 cup of golden raisins and/or dried cranberries
- 3 ribs celery diced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion or chives
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, dairy free yogurt (or more mayo), honey, curry powder, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- In larger bowl mix together chicken or turkey, apple/mango/pineapple, raisins, celery, green onions, and cilantro or parsley. Fold mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture until everything is evenly coated.