Asparagus is on sale and we were in the mood for pasta (gluten free, of course). After digging around in the fridge, I found a few more things to toss together in a quick and simple sauce. It turned out so yummy, I thought I would post it to show how to blend a few ingredients into something fab. Try different veggies, or mix up the seasonings. Experiment and play in the kitchen. You won’t be sorry!
Spring Pasta Sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 med zucchini trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of asparagus about 10 stalks, trimmed and cut 1 1/2" lengths
- 1 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced or sliced garlic
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini and asparagus until crisp tender. Set vegetables aside on a plate.
- Heat another tablespoon oil and cook onions until transparent. Add garlic, tomatoes, stock and season with salt and pepper. Allow to simmer until tomatoes "pop."
- Add zucchini and asparagus back to pan and cook for about 2 to 5 minutes until sauce is the thickness you are looking for and veggies are all heated through.
- Serve on cooked gluten free pasta.