G-ma's Calico Beans
For our 6 quart crock pot, we usually double this to have extra for lunches and my son’s after school snack. He loves this!
- 1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 15 oz. can gluten free baked beans
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can butter beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed (my addition because they’re yummy)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten free ketchup fruit juice sweetened preferred
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared gluten free mustard
Mix everything well in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours until flavors are well blended. Serve with gluten free corn bread and a crispy green salad.
Variation: I like to add a couple of cloves of minced garlic. You can also add a chopped green pepper.