Gluten & Dairy Free Holiday Cookie Countdown – Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me… Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Whoppies Pies with Maple Cream. You just gotta love such a great true love, am I right? This recipe uses my soft and spicy pumpkin cookies for the outer cake and a maple kissed marshmallow cream for the filling.
I will be making a double batch of these little beauties: one third will be packaged and frozen for Thanksgiving, one third for Christmas, and one third for Christmas gifts.
The Recipe: Gluten & Dairy Free Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- One batch of Gluten and Dairy Free Pumpkin Cookies, baked and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff, purchased or homemade (just be sure gluten free)
- 1 1/4 cups shortening, non-hydroginated and organic preferred
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cream shortening and marshmallow fluff until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and maple syrup. Blend together, scraping down mixing bowl as needed until incorporated.
- Put about 2 teaspoons filling on the flat side of half of the pumpkin cookies. Top filling with another pumpkin cookie, sandwiching filling. Enjoy!