Gluten Free Dairy Free Almond Crusted Fish Sticks
This recipe is part of the September 2011 Gluten Free Dairy Free Mini Freezer Menus. This is a freezer adaption of the awesome recipe from Elana at Elana’s Pantry with a bit seasoning tweeking to how we like it in our family. Yum, yum, yum!
Check out Elana’s amazing blog, Elana’s Pantry, for more gluten free, paleo, agave sweetened recipes.
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Almond Crusted Fish Sticks
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish, such as cod snapper or tilapia
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or Bay seasoning, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cups oil, for frying
- Rinse fish in cold water. Cut fish into 1" x 5" pieces, removing any bones. Season with salt and pepper. Put whisked eggs into a rimmed dish. Put almond flour in another rimmed dish, mixing in Italian or Bay seasoning, if using.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil at a time, as needed, in a skillet over medium high heat. Working with just a few pieces of fish at a time so as not to over-crowd the pan, dip fish in egg, then almond flour. Cook fish sticks for a few minutes on each side, until well browned, flipping fish to each side as needed to cook through. When all sides are browned, set fish sticks on a plate lined with a paper towed to drain. Allow to cool completely. Divide and place into indicated number of freezer safe containers with wax paper between layers, cover and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Warm in an oven until heated through and crispy.
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 15, 2012