This recipe is part of the September 2011 Gluten Free Dairy Free Mini Freezer Menus. This is a freezer adaption of the awesome recipe from Elana at Elana’s Pantry with a bit seasoning tweeking to how we like it in our family. Yum, yum, yum!
Check out Elana’s amazing blog, Elana’s Pantry, for more gluten free, paleo, agave sweetened recipes.
- 1½ pounds firm white fish, such as cod snapper or tilapia
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or Bay seasoning, optional
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- ¾ cups oil, for frying
- Rinse fish in cold water. Cut fish into 1" x 5" pieces, removing any bones. Season with salt and pepper. Put whisked eggs into a rimmed dish. Put almond flour in another rimmed dish, mixing in Italian or Bay seasoning, if using.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil at a time, as needed, in a skillet over medium high heat. Working with just a few pieces of fish at a time so as not to over-crowd the pan, dip fish in egg, then almond flour. Cook fish sticks for a few minutes on each side, until well browned, flipping fish to each side as needed to cook through. When all sides are browned, set fish sticks on a plate lined with a paper towed to drain. Allow to cool completely. Divide and place into indicated number of freezer safe containers with wax paper between layers, cover and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Warm in an oven until heated through and crispy.