If you don’t eat pork, use boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Yum!
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger from Jerk from Jamaica posted by Deborah @tasteandtellblog.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, pork, grilling, oamc, freezer cooking, marinade
- ¾ cup gluten free chicken stock
- ½ cup diced sweet yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or ¼ dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon allspice (Jamaican allspice, if you can find it)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ small jalepeno pepper or serrano chili, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1½ tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1½ pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1½" cubes
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 2" cubes
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut in half horizontally then cut into 1" wedges
- In a blender blend chicken stock, chopped onion, scallions, thyme, salt, sugar, allspice, nutmeg. cinnamon, jalepeno, pepper, soy sauce, oil and cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. Put into freezer bag with onions and pork. In a separate bag, place pineapple. Remove as much air as possible from each bag and seal. Put both bags into a third bag, and seal.
- To serve: Thaw. Put pineapple in bag with pork for 30 minutes. Use metal skewers, or wooden skewers that have soaked in water for 30 minutes. Skewer the pork, pineapple and onions alternately on the skewers. Discard marinade. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Serve hot.