Lemon Garlic Mushrooms
A tasty way to prepare all the spring mushrooms available now. Great other times of the year also as a side dish with a different twist.
The Recipe: Lemon Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley, or 4 tablespoons fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, cleaned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broil setting in oven. Clean mushrooms. Slice if needed to make each mushroom about the same size. Place mushrooms on parchment lined jelly roll pan. Grate rind from lemon on top of mushrooms. Squeeze juice from lemon and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Add remaining ingredients and toss. Broil until tender, 6-8 minutes, keeping an eye on them.
- These can also be baked in oven or grilled in a pan on a hot grill until tender or cooked in a skillet on top of stove.