Pumpkin Coffee Cake, Gluten Free Dairy Free
This Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake will add a spicy gingerbread flavored twist to your day!
This recipe is adapted from the original inspiration recipe and from my original posting of it to how I really make it for my family. I have reduced the sweetener and tweeked the spiced to our tastes and added freezer instructions. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup tapioca flour/starch
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sugar, although not wet, you will combine it with these
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs, or egg replacing ingredients: 3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce, 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder, and 2 teaspoons packed EnerG egg replacer
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Oil a 9"x13" baking pan. Blend topping ingredients together. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin, honey, sugar, molasses, oil, and egg or egg replacer ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together well.
- Add remaining ingredients (except for the raisins) to the wet mixture. Mix until just blended; do not over mix. Stir in raisins.
- Transfer batter to the greased baking pans. Sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake approximately 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack. Wrap well and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Warm in oven until heated through if desired.