Quinoa Turkey Burgers
Author: Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, GFCF, Chicken & Turkey, Main
- ¾ cup rinsed uncooked quinoa (or 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa)
- 1½ medium carrots, finely shredded
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons plain dried gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tablespoons ground oregano
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- If you do not have 1 ½ cups of cooked quinoa: In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil; add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside to cool while assembling rest of ingredients.
- In a bowl put cooked quinoa, scallions, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well. Put ground turkey in a bowl; using hand, mix until combined.
- Using wet hands to prevent sticking, form mixture into 6 patties ¾” thick. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.