Quinoa Turkey Burgers
The Recipe: Quinoa Turkey Burgers
- 3/4 cup rinsed uncooked quinoa, or 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 medium carrots, finely shredded
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons plain dried gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground oregano
- Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- If you do not have 1 ½ cups of cooked quinoa: In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup water to a boil; add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside to cool while assembling rest of ingredients.
- In a bowl put cooked quinoa, scallions, breadcrumbs, egg, oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well. Put ground turkey in a bowl; using hand, mix until combined.
- Using wet hands to prevent sticking, form mixture into 6 patties ¾” thick. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes per side.