Walnut-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Author: Angela Litzinger at angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, main, chicken & turkey
- ¾ cup dried gluten & dairy free bread crumbs
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- Coarse salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (6 ounces each)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- For serving: Seasonal green salad, cherry tomatoes, your favorite dressing.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor or blender, combine bread, walnuts, thyme and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat egg until frothy.
- Slightly flatten thickest part of chicken so until chicken is a more uniform thickness (around ½” thick). Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip each breast into egg, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Crumbs.
- In a large nonstick ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice chicken, place on bed of greens with cherry tomatoes. Offer salad dressing on the side.