Baked Root Vegetable Fries
Potatoes aren’t the only things you can bake up into fries. Sweet potatoes (of course), parsnips, carrots, and rutabagas all make delicious simple oven fries. Don’t be afraid of the parsnips and rutabagas in this recipe. When roasted, they become nice and sweet. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
The Recipe: Baked Root Vegetable Fries
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 pound parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks at least 1/3" thick
- 3/4 pound rutabagas, peeled and cut into sticks at least 1/3" thick
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into sticks at least 1/3" thick
- 1/2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks at least 1/3" thick
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss veggie sticks with olive oil and place on one or two rimmed baking pans, making sure the sticks are in a single layer. Season with the salt and pepper. Put in preheated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until golden and tender. Carefully turn fries every 10 to 15 minutes while baking.