Scroll down for recipe and giveaway!
I’m very excited to share with you my sweet friend, Jules, and her great products. Many of you may already know Jules Shepard. Her company underwent some changes this past year (you can read more about it here) and she has started a new company. GfJules is the place to get your goodies now! If you’re already familiar with her gluten-free flour mixes, make sure you’re getting THE Real Jules.
Her flour blend is wonderful to use to adapt tried and true family favorites. You don’t need to worry about blending and storing several different gluten free flours, starches and gums. Just use her one flour (just like in the days B.C. – Before Celiac). She also makes other great products, like pancake mix, cut-out cookie mix (yum!), pizza crust and a graham cracker mix that is AMAZING. And again can I just say how wonderful it is to get mixes that don’t have added dairy? So many gluten free mixes in the store contain dairy and I adore that hers are so safe for my family.
All Jules’ products are really affordable and I love that it just works. If you’ve delved into gluten free baking at all, you know what I mean by that. Her products are free from the Top 8 allergens (LOVE!) and they’re made in a dedicated gf and allergen free facility. Her flour is non GMO and 7 of the 11 mixes are non GMO. I also love that if you don’t fully love your product, they will refund your purchase price!
I’m happy to support Jules in her new venture. She has done so much for the gluten-free community. You may have participated or followed the annual Gluten-Free Cookie Swap on Facebook and Pinterest that she organizes each year. And, we’ve all benefited from her work on the 1 in 133 organization. She helped organize (and assemble!) the the 11-foot tall gluten-free cake-building event in 2011 to bring focus on getting gluten free labeling laws passed and implemented. THANK YOU, JULES!!
As you know, I make a lot of gluten-free food from scratch and I have a pantry filled with a variety of gluten-free flours, but I have to say that I really like the convenience of starting with baking mixes and an all-in-one flour blend. A tried and tested gluten-free mix that works just right for the product you want makes life a little easier when your in a rush and you want what you are making to turn our right the first time. I also have kids who are learning to bake gluten free. Having a reliable blend and mixes on hand gives my kids a great stepping stone to baking on their own, using the blend and mixes as a spring board for their own creativity. You got to love that!
Jules sent me a box each of the Graham Cracker/Gingerbread Mix and a box of her flour blend to try, so you know what that means… I had to make cookies! I was peeking around Jules site and spotted these oatmeal cookies (swoon). Of course, being me, I couldn’t leave well enough alone, so changed it up a bit by using coconut oil, taking out the raisins and topping them with a maple glaze. But be warned! These cookies were snatched up by everyone who came to our house, it didn’t matter if they ate gluten free or not, they are that good. These were declared the very best cookies EVER by several people who don’t eat gluten free food. Not “good for gluten free” but the best cookie period. Now that’s a cookie!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Maple Glazed Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup solid coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup GfJules™ All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups certified gluten free rolled oats or use the ones from Jules, but this is what I had at home
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the sugars and coconut oil until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and thoroughly blend. Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all dry ingredients, except oats, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Add dry ingredients to the coconut oil mixture and stir until well blended. Mix in oats.
- Scoop the dough into tablespoon sized balls and place at least 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Note: If the dough is too sticky to roll, either scoop without rolling, or refrigerate until dough is cold before scooping and baking.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 8 – 10 minutes, or until light brown. Let cookies set for a couple minutes on pan then move to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make glaze: Mix together powdered sugar and maple syrup. If needed add a small amount of water, up to 1 teaspoon, a bit at a time until glaze is still a good spreading texture. Using a knife speed cookies with glaze. I purposely left gaps in my glaze, drawing the glaze only across the bumps of the cookie tops to create the crackled look I remember as a kid. Yum! Set cookies on cooling rack until glaze firms up.
- Store in a sealed container separated by waxed paper. Or, freeze, removing as much air as possible from the container, remembering to label and seal freezer container.
* * * * *
Enter to win a gfJules™ Gluten-Free Baking Mix or Gluten-Free Flour!
Thanks to Jules, we have a giveaway! Jules has offered to give a full-size box of one of her baking mixes to two lucky readers.
To enter, simply leave a comment below saying which product you would like to try: gfJules™ Gluten-Free Graham Cracker/Gingerbread Mix or gfJules™ Gluten-Free Flour Blend.
You can receive bonus entries for letting your friends know about the giveaway on Twitter, Facebook, or other social media. Just be sure to come back and leave an additional comment below letting us know where you mentioned it.
Make sure when you’re leaving a comment, that you put your email address in the appropriate box so that I can contact you if you win.
All comments/entries must be received no later than 11:59 pm CST, Friday, March 6, 2015.
Two winners will be chosen using a random generator. Each winner will receive one box of their choice of gfJules™ gluten-free baking mix OR flour blend. The winner should respond within 48 hours after being contacted by email. If I’m unable to contact a winner, another winner will be chosen. Good Luck!
* * * * * *
To find THE Real Jules and Gluten-Free Baking Mixes, Recipes, and Support for the Gluten-Free Community, check these out:
Shop gfJules Products online (be sure to order from her directly, not from the old company that she is no longer associated with.)
Retail Stores that carry gfJules Products
Website gfJules.com (you’ll also find fabulous recipes there)
You Tube for Jules Shepard (dude, there is a video for gluten free Baklava!!)