Black Bean Mango Salad Stuffed Avocados
Rich and creamy, avocados are packed with protein, which helps keep your energy up and hunger at bay. While it is true this fruit is higher in fat, it is the beneficial monounsaturated kind that helps increase the “good” HCL cholesterol and helps you feel satiated long after being eaten.
This colorful black bean salad delights the eyes as well as taste buds. Serve as a nourishing lunch or an after work out snack. Black Bean Mango Salad Stuffed Avocados are a delicious way to eat a variety of summer vegetables and truly “eat the rainbow.”
Published on Snap Fitness a month ago with servings figured for 4.
Edit: I’m linking this up to the February 18, 2015 Gluten-Free Wednesdays at Gluten Free Homemaker. Check out what others have shared!
The Recipe: Black Bean Mango Salad Stuffed Avocados
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 1/4 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed well (about 1 1/2 - 15 oz. cans)
- 2 1/4 cups diced fresh mango
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/8 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 6 ripe avocados, one per serving
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl combine black beans, mango, tomatoes, orange pepper, cilantro, and onion. Drizzle with olive oil mixture and toss salad until everything is evenly coated. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve: Cut avocados in half. Remove pit. Place avocado halves (2 halves per serving) cut side up onto four plates. Scoop one forth of the black bean mango salad per serving onto avocado halves, allowing remainder to be served on the side.