Chicken & Spinach Strata – Gluten Free-zer Friday
- 8 cups gluten free french bread cut into 1" cubes
- 10 ounce package frozen spinach thawed, extra moisture squeezed out
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken ham or bacon is also delicious!
- 1 cup shredded dairy free cheese substitute mozzarella-style
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk substitute
- ¼ cup dairy free parmesan substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cups diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- Spread half of the bread in the bottom of an oiled 9"x13" baking pan. Layer layer with spinach, chicken and half the cheese substitute. Top with remaining bread and cheese substitute.
- Whisk together eggs, milk substitute, parmesan substitute, marjoram, salt and pepper. Pour over bread in pan, trying to cover bread completely.
- Sprinkle with roasted peppers and parsley.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes to let the egg soak in to the bread.
- To freeze: Cover tightly and place in freezer. Thaw completely before cooking in a preheated 350 degree F oven. Cover baking pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, then bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden on top.