This vegetarian Gluten Free Dairy Free Black Bean and Veggie Pizza is a fun twist on an old favorite. The sauce is made from a puree of black beans, garlic and roasted peppers then topped with a combination of fresh spinach, green onions, more roasted peppers and black olives. If you like to spice it up toss on some pickled hot peppers. Yum! My kids thought the pizza reminded them of nachos but in pizza form. I hope you like it as much as we do!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Black Bean and Veggie Pizza
- 13 " gluten free dairy free pizza crusts or make one using the ingredients below:
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup amaranth flour
- 1 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar cane juice crystals, agave, honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 egg whites or flax seed replacement of 1 T ground golden flax mixed with 3 T of hot water mixed together
- 3/4 cup black beans cooked or canned, rinsed
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cheese substitute gluten and dairy free of choice, optional
- 1 medium plum tomato seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 3 medium scallions green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped pickled hot peppers optional
- Oil a 13-inch pizza pan (one per batch) or baking sheet(s), using olive oil. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flours, xanthan gum, salt, yeast, and sugar. In a measuring cup, combine the water and olive oil. Add olive oil-water mixture to dry ingredients, then egg whites, mixing well after each addition. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over your hand and the dough. I usually pat the dough back and forth in oiled hands until rounded first.
- Pat the dough out evenly over the pizza pan, forming a ridge around the edge to contain the pizza toppings.
- Topping: Place beans, peppers, garlic, chili powder and salt in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Spread the bean mixture on the crust, leaving a border around the edge. Top with tomato, scallions, red peppers, olives, pickled hot peppers and gluten and dairy free cheese substitute.
- Let dough rise for about 15 minutes. Bake pizza in a preheated 400 degrees F oven until crusts are golden and cooked through.