Stuffed Burgers Three Ways
My family loves the surprise of these burgers, and I love how delicious they are and how i can make them ahead to make on a busy evening.
The Recipe: Stuffed Burgers Three Ways
- For the burgers:
- 2 pounds ground beef, turkey, chicken, pork (or a mixture)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Filling of choice:
- Greek filling: 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes, 1/4 cup finely minced red onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives, 2 tablespoons finely mince fresh basil, 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1 teaspoon fresh).
- Mediterranean Filling: In a bowl combine 1/4 cup gluten & dairy free mayonnaise, 1/4 cup finely minced fresh spinach, 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, 1/4 cup finely chopped black pitted olives, and 2 cloves minced roasted garlic.
- Mexi-cali filling: In a bowl mix 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded tomato, 1/4 cup finely minced and seeded jalapeno chili pepper, 1/4 cup finely minced fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
- Mix garlic and pepper into meat. Divide meat into 16 pieces. Flatten 8 portions into thin patties. Place about 2 tablespoon of filling of choice in the center of each patty. Flatten the 8 remaining pieces into thin patties. Carefully place each patty on top of the patty with the filling. Seal the edges of the patties sealing the filling into the patty. Cook in skillet or on grill as you prefer.