Onion Soup Mix packets. Perfect for dips, foil camp meals, slow cooker roasts, or where ever you need it. We all know no one actually makes soup with it, right? There are a few gluten free brands of Onion Soup Mix out there, but most of them have ingredients that I am not too excited about feeding my family. Other do-it-yourself recipes I have seen usually have bullion which again, may have gluten or undesirable ingredients. So, what to do if you would like a little oniony goodness (and want to save a little cash to boot)? Make it yourself, baby!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Homemade Onion Soup Mix
- 8 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Blend everything together well. Use as needed for your recipe.
- Note: This blend does not contain salt (unlike the pre-made packets. Hoo-boy! Are they salty!), so be sure to taste your dish and season as needed.