Other freezer cooking resources:
* * * * * * *
In the Summer I love having things in the freezer that are REALLY flexible. Things I can pair up with whatever is in the garden or CSA box or on sale at the grocery store. Things that would go great topping a salad or over rice or quinoa. Things I can cook in a skillet, broil in the oven or grill outside if the weather is just too hot. The recipe for Gluten Free Dairy Free Balsamic Glazed Chicken is just that sort of recipe. Sweet, savory, tangy, easy and versatile. Just right for the lazy days of Summer!
I was inspired from a tasty recipe on Wholesome Dinner Tonight. I changed is up a bit by adding freezer instructions, reducing the sugar (because that is how I roll) and increasing the chicken. I like this served with a stir-fry of asparagus or bok choy. So good to have on hand for a quick dinner full of flavor.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Balsamic Glazed Chicken
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 7 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 pounds chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into thick slices
- Mix all ingredients together and allow to marinate for several hours. Grill chicken until cooked through. Put marinade into a pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce.
- Freezing Directions: Put all ingredients into a gallon-sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Grill chicken until cooked through. Put marinade into a pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce