Gluten Free Dairy Free Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels
Yummy pinwheels sandwiches you can make ahead and freeze for lunches or as an appetizer.
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Veggie Tortilla Pinwheels
- 10 each GF ivory teff tortillas, such as from La Tortilla Factory or other gluten free flour-style tortilla
- 8 ounces tofu-based cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 1 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dry garlic granules
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2.25 ounce canned black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup crumbled GF bacon, 4 strips cooked until crisp, drained and crumbled
- Mix tofu cream cheese, parsley, pepper, garlic, onion, and salt together until well blended. Add in rest of ingredients and mix in food processor on low speed until well blended.
- Using a baker’s spatula, spread medium amount of mixture onto one gluten free flour-style tortilla – be sure to smooth it out! Roll tortilla into a “wrap-up” and cover with plastic wrap. Continue with rest of tortillas, wrapping each in plastic wrap individually. Place in gallon freezer bag. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in refrigerator until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator and remove plastic wrap from each wrap-up. Cut width-wise into pinwheels and place on serving platter or tray.