These are featured in the October 2009 Breakfasts, Sides and Appetizers Freezer Menu and the November 2011 Mini Freezer Menu.
Gluten & Dairy Free Gingerbread Pumpkin Waffles
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free bean flour blend or 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons garbanzo/fava flour, 6 T sorghum flour, 1 1/8 cup potato or corn starch, and 1 1/8 c cup tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons dark molasses
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups dairy-free milk of choice
- 2 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the first five ingredients well. In a blender or separate bowl, blend the sweetener, oil, pumpkin, dairy-free milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Cook on an oiled waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Allow to cool. Flash freeze on a cookie sheet if desired. Place in gallon freezer bag and freeze.
- To serve: Reheat in toaster or microwave until warmed through.