Zucchini Bread or Muffins, Gluten & Dairy Free
This is the time of year that zucchini takes over my garden, people sneak around during the night leaving giant green squashes on neighbors porches and everyone makes sure their car doors are locked. If you leave them open, someone might leave you a bag of zucchini!
If you have the same problem where you live, you might want to grate up a bit of extra zucchini and freeze it in packages for a winter treat of this yummy bread. I usually package grated zucchini in 1 1/2 cup or 3 cup portions, enough to make a single or double batch of this yummy bread.
If you want to bake multiple batches of muffins for the freezer (OAMC), here is a printable recipe card with multiple batches and freezer instructions figured out for you.
The Recipe: Gluten & Dairy Free Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup sugar, cane juice crystals, or sucanate
- 1/2 cup oil, I usually use a mild tasting olive oil
- 2 eggs, or 2 T ground flax seed with 6 T hot water
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, packed
- 1 1/2 cups <a href="http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/03/19/gfcf-chicken-nuggets-two-ways/" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/03/19/gfcf-chicken-nuggets-two-ways/">bean flour blend</a>, or 5 tablespoons garfava flour, 3 tablespoons sourgum flour, 1/2 cup corn or potato starch, and 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or walnuts, optional
- Cream together sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Mix in zucchini. Combine dry ingredients well and add to sugar mixture with raisins or nuts, if used. Mix with large spoon or mixer until well blended. Pour into an oiled loaf pan or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-55 (25 minutes for muffins) minutes or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (The time needed to bake will depend on how wet your zucchini is.)
- To freeze: Allow muffins to cool completely, then package in a freezer safe container or freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label container, and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw.