Pumpkin Streusel Bars
Edited: Now that Certified Gluten Free Oats are so readily available, I like to use them instead of the quinoa flakes sometimes for a change of pace. We like them both ways!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Streusel Bars
- For the topping:
- ¼ cup gluten and dairy free margarine or coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes or gluten free certified rolled oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 4 tablespoons ground golden flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For bars:
- 1 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mild tasting oil
- 3 eggs, or 3 T ground flax seed mixed with 9 T hot water until thick
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gluten free vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free bean based flour blend, or 7 T garbfava, 3 1/2 T sorghum flour, 2/3 c corn starch, and 2/3 c tapioca starch
- 1 1/8 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking powder, if egg free, increase to 1 teaspoon
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 10″ X 15″ jelly roll pan.
- For topping: In a small bowl, blend together topping ingredients. I find this is easiest to do by just digging in and using my hands. Mix until well blended and crumbly. Set aside until called for in recipe.
- For bars: In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat brown sugar, oil and eggs until well combined. Add pumpkin and vanilla and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Scrape down sided of bowl and mix again.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkling on evenly, crumble topping ingredients on top of batter. Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center emerges clean. For cleanest sliced edges, allow bars to cool before slicing.
Pingback: Blast from the past: Pumpkin Streusel Bars | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Gluten & Dairy Free Texas Sheet Cake – Yum!
Pingback: Fill your freezer in four weeks – Treats and Desserts Week
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday | Better Batter Gluten Free Flour