Curried Chicken Salad with a Grape & Almond Lettuce Wrap variation
Chicken salad is so delicious and simple. Adding a touch of curry powder adds wonderful flavor and is a twist on the classic. This is our favorite version of chicken salad. We do like curry around here!
The Recipe: Curried Chicken Salad with a Grape & Almond Lettuce Wrap variation
- 1/2 cup or more gluten and dairy free mayonnaise, depending on how moist you like your chicken salad
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons gluten free curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro or parsley, optional
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Mix together mayonnaise, honey, curry powder, salt and pepper, and minced cilantro until blended.
- Put chicken, celery, raisins, cashews, and green onions into a bowl and mix with mayonnaise blend until evenly distributed.
- Serve on mix greens or for a delicious lunch, do not add cashews and raisins and add 1 to 1 1/2 cups red grapes put into a lettuce leaf (Boston lettuce works well for this) and top with toasted sliced almonds.