This is the pie my oldest girl has been making for our family since she was nine-years-old. We love it! It is a bit like a tender pumpkin bread near the edge, but is very custard-y in the middle. Yum! And, boy, is it easy. Simply dump all the ingredients into a blender, pour the blended ingredients into a greased pie pan and bake. Easy-peasy! It is a Thanksgiving tradition for our family. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Impossible Pumpkin Pie
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup gluten-free baking mix such as Bob’s Red Mill GF Biscuit Mix
- 2 Tablespoons margarine or coconut oil
- 1 13- ounce can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 16- ounce can pumpkin
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat all ingredients until smooth – one minute in the blender. Pour into a lightly greased 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, checking at 45 minutes.
- Optional: add ¾ cup chopped toasted pecans in mixture before pouring into pan. Garnish with whipped coconut topping, if desired.