Add leftover cooked ham, sliced grilled steak or chicken to quiche, if desired.
- one 9" cold gluten and dairy free unbaked pie crust optional
- Veggie Filling:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms diced
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped kale stems removed
- Add for quiche:
- 1 cup gluten and dairy free cheese substitute optional
- 6 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup gluten and diary free unsweetened plain milk substitute we like almond in this
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In skillet heat oil, then sauté onions, mushrooms, and peppers until tender. Add broccoli and kale, sautéing in till broccoli and kale are tender and bright green in color. Remove from heat.
Whisk eggs, milk substitute and salt together, then assemble quiche. Remove unbaked gluten free pie shell if using from refrigerator or freezer and place on a baking sheet. Fill pie crust evenly with vegetable mixture. Top vegetables with dairy free cheese substitute, if using, then pour egg mixture over cheese sub and veggies.
Bake quiche in preheated 350 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until egg is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.