Curried Vegetable Soup
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 11/2 14- oz. cans unsweetened coconut milk NOT low-fat
- 4 cups gluten and dairy free vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 tablespoon gluten free curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups frozen or fresh baby peas
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and crushed red pepper optional for garnish
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and crushed red pepper, optional for garnish
- In stock pot combine cauliflower, coconut milk, broth, carrots, curry powder, and the 1/4 cup cilantro. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until cauliflower and carrots are tender. Stir in peas. Cook, uncovered, until heated through and peas are tender. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper.