Simple Arugula Garden Salad
3 cups baby arugula or torn arugula if larger leaves
1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 small zucchini, trimmed, cut in half lenthwise and thinly sliced
1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijion mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
In a bowl, place all of the veggies (arugula, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber). In a small jar, place all of the dressing ingredients, cap jar. Shake jar well to mix dressing. pour 2/3 of dressing on salad and toss. Top with walnuts and serve the rest of the dressing on the side for those who would like a bit more.
Italian Dressing1/2 cup olive oil1/4 cup white wine vinegar1 teaspoon Italian seasoning1/2 teaspoon paprika1/2 teaspoon onion powder1/4 teaspoon dried garlic granules1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 pepperWhisk all ingredients together until well blended.
Dairy Free Thousand Island Dressing …
Cilantro Cashew Salad
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and soft stems
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 medium red cabbage 12 ounces, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 1/2 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup roasted cashews coarsely chopped
- In a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine, cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, toss lettuce with 3/4 cup dressing. Top with cabbage mix.
- Drizzle all with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with cashews.
I have taken this to several potluck BBQ’s. It is a little different than the usually salad and everyone always seems to love it. I usually put the dressing on when I arrive and toss the salad right before serving. It pulls together really fast and is super tasty. That works for me!
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 limes, zest and juice
4 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium, gluten free soy sauce
1/4 cup chile oil (I use Amy’s brand)
5 cups (1 small head) Napa cabbage, very thinly sliced
1 orange bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, very thinly sliced
6 scallions, thinly sliced
2 radish, peeled, very thinly sliced into 1/2-by-2-inch pieces, optional
1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) snow peas, trimmed and very thinly sliced
¼ cup chives, cut into 2-inch lengths
In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, zest and juice of lime, vinegar, soy sauce, and chili oil. Season with salt; set aside.