I was thinking about making my Sesame Garlic Broccoli when (gasp!) I discovered not a sesame seed in the house. I tossed in sunflower seeds and red pepper flakes and called it good. And it was! Here it is in it’s easy-peasy glory. I liked using coconut oil with this as it gave a buttery flavor that really enhanced the dish. Enjoy!
Sautéed Broccoli with Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1/3 cup roasted salted shelled sunflower seeds
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, salt and red pepper flakes, sautéing until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add sunflower seeds and toss until combined.