Tacos, Turkey or Beef – Gluten & Dairy Free
Our family loves tacos. You can make them with ground beef, bison, chicken or turkey. Taco meat is also wonderful used to make taco salad, to top nachos or baked potatoes, etc. Yum!
The Recipe: Gluten & Dairy Free Tacos (GFCF)
- 2 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2 medium onion, diced
- 2 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash of allspice
- dash of cayenne pepper, to taste!
- In a medium sized skillet, brown your ground meat with the onions and green pepper until no longer pink. Drain grease. Mix in seasonings and ½ cup water or tomato juice. Cook until at desired taco consistency for your family.
- Serve in hard corn taco shells (be sure gluten free) with your favorite toppings. We like shredded lettuce or fresh spinach, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, GFCF salsa and avocado.
Pingback: For the rest of the week:
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday- September 10, 2012
Pingback: What we are eating this week:
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 29, 2013 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Cinco de Mayo - Menu Plan