Make your own… Poppy Seed Dressing
This is the dressing we will be having on our salad for Easter dinner. It is super yummy and easy to mix up ahead of time. Much cheeper than the bottled dressing you can purchase (and less sugar, better oil, etc., etc.). Just stir it up if it separates while being stored in the fridge.
The Recipe: Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3 ½ Tablespoons white wine vinegar, regular or use one with tarragon
- 3 ½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ Tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 ½ Tablespoons gluten free Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup mild tasting oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, mustard and salt. Put on bender cover and blend until mixed. While blender is on, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Many blenders have a small opening so that you can add the oil through the cover. If your blender does not have an opening, carefully remove the cover and blend the ingredients on a low speed while adding the oil.
- Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer dressing to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator.