Tangy Tomato Beef – Gluten Free-zer Friday
Head over to MJ’s for Freezer Food Friday. Then, if you have a GF recipe to share that freezes well, come on back and join in on the fun!
Join in on Gluten Free-zer Friday:
1. If you would like to participate in Gluten Free-zer Friday, simply email your post link to your gluten free freezer recipe (angelas_kitchenATcomcastDOTnet) or leave a comment below and I will add you to the roundup.
2. Link back to this post on the post with the recipe you have linked.
The Recipe: Tangy Tomato Beef, Slow Cooker
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 pound beef roast, trimmed of extra fat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 - 28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained (3 cups)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Over medium-high heat oil in a skillet. Brown roast on all sides. You are going for just a sear of the meat, not cooking it. Remove from heat while assembling rest of ingredients.
- Label a gallon sized zip close freezer bag with recipe name and cooking instructions. In the bag put the onion, tomatoes, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper. Seal bag and mix contents. Open bag and add roast. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours or until cooked through and the beef is very tender. Serve with gluten free wide noodles, rice, quinoa or sweet potatoes and a salad.
* * * * * *
What was I cooking…?
Two years ago:
Three years ago:
Four years ago: