Our family usually makes Impossible Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving, but here is a more traditional one for you, if that is how you roll. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
- 1 – 15 oz can pumpkin or 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla flavoring
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk not light!
- 1 unbaked gluten free pie shells
- Remove the pie pastry from the refrigerator, and allow to warm up a bit until you can easily roll it out, but it is still cool. Roll out crust (use plastic wrap – crust tutorial is at the pie crust recipe post, above). Line pie plate with pie crust, crimp edges of crust, and prick bottom of dough all over with a fork. Freeze the crust for about 15 minutes while you make the pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly mix together pumpkin, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, salt and spices. Add eggs and coconut milk and mix until well blended. Pour filling into the chilled unbaked pie shell. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking for 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean. (If crust browns too quickly put foil around the pie crust edges). Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- To freezer: Wrap in plastic wrap and foil, place in gallon freezer bag and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw slowly in refrigerator. You may reheat until warmed in the oven at 350 degrees if desired.