Ginger-Beef Stir Fry
We enjoy a good stir-fry here at Chez Litzinger. And this, my dears, is a good stir-fry. Nothing to complicated, but the flavors all come together is a satisfying dish. So much food this time of year is about over indulgence, so how about trying this instead. It feels indulgent and comforting while still nourishing you. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Ginger-Beef Stir Fry
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds beef steak
- 3/4 cup gluten free beef broth
- 5 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, grated
- 1 medium head bok choy, thinly sliced, green tops sliced and set aside
- 2 carrot, cut in half the long way, then thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 8 oz. container sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, scallions, bias-sliced into 2-inch lengths
- To make beef easier to slice thinly, partially freeze beef by placing in the freezer for 20-30 minutes. Trim fat from beef. Thinly slice beef across the grain into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic and ginger; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add sliced bok choy (not the green tops yet), broccoli, mushrooms, and green onions. Stir-fry for 4 or 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Carefully add the last tablespoon of oil to pan. Add beef; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown. Add vegetables back to skillet along with sliced bok choy tops. Stir sauce. Add sauce to pan. Cook and stir continuously until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked brown rice or quinoa.
Pingback: Beef Stir Fry - Oh Lardy!
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – February 18, 2013