Slow Cooker Thursday – Salsa Roast Beef
**Edit on December 4, 2008** I posted this last week, but as Slow Cooking Thursday took time off for Thanksgiving, I thought I would share it this week instead! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Head over to Sandra’s for Slow Cooking Thursday and see what is in everybody else’s crockpot!
I made this super simple dish yesterday and have leftovers for tomorrow for anyone who is turkey-ed out.
The Recipe: Slow Cooker Salsa Roast Beef
- 3 pounds beef roast, trimmed of extra fat
- 2 cups of your favorite gluten free salsa., I use Green Mountain Gringo’s Roast Garlic
- 1 cup gluten & dairy free tomato sauce
- 2 cloved minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- Pre-brown roast before putting in slow cooker. Mix the rest of the ingredinents together and pour salsa mixture over the top of the roast. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until cooked through.