Salmon & Sweet Potato Cakes
How cute is my smoochie? I know… devastatingly so! And she has a big heart to match! I love being my kids’ mom. They make it so fun!
The Recipe: Salmon & Sweet Potato Cakes
- 1 ½ cups salmon
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 small Yukon gold potato
- 1 small red onion
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or thyme
- gluten and dairy free bread crumbs, crushed GFCF pretzels also work well
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil or bake sweet potato and regular potato until soft, but not falling apart. You can also used a left over potatoes. Allow potatoes to cool.
- Flake salmon by breaking apart with your fingers. Make sure all bones are removed.
- When potatoes are cool, coarsely chop, add to salmon and mix together until incorporated. Add lemon juice, salt and fresh ground pepper to taste, tarragon or thyme, and egg. Mix everything together.
- Form mixture into cakes. It will be a little loose, so handle carefully. Coat both side of cakes with bread crumbs and set on plate.
- Heat oil in a pan. When pan is hot, place cakes into pan. Cook until browned and firm.
- Serve with a side of gluten-free mayonnaise mixed with a little lemon juice, and a bit of fresh snipped tarragon to taste.