Roasted Fish and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
Roasting fish is one of the simplest way to cook it up. Combine the meal with seasoned sweet potato fries the bake on the same pan and you have a yummy meal with minimal clean up. Toss a salad and you are set! Gotta love that!
I like to serve Roasted Fish and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Bok Choy with Shallots and Garlic.
The Recipe: Roasted Fish and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 small to medium sweet potatoes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground or crushed rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 white fish fillets, 4 to 6 ounces each of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips about 3" long and 3/4" thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs and spices. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together cut sweet potatoes, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and herbs and spice mixture.
- Spread out sweet potatoes in a single layer. Roast 20 minutes, turning every ten minutes. After 20 minutes, rub remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on the fish fillets, and season with salt and pepper. Move sweet potatoes around making rom for the fish at one end of pan. Cook for 15-20 more minutes until fish is cooked and sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned.