Roasting fish is one of the simplest way to cook it up. Combine the meal with seasoned sweet potato fries the bake on the same pan and you have a yummy meal with minimal clean up. Toss a salad and you are set! Gotta love that!
I like to serve Roasted Fish and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Bok Choy with Shallots and Garlic.
Roasted Fish and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 small to medium sweet potatoes
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground or crushed rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 white fish fillets 4 to 6 ounces each of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips about 3" long and 3/4" thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs and spices. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together cut sweet potatoes, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, and herbs and spice mixture.
- Spread out sweet potatoes in a single layer. Roast 20 minutes, turning every ten minutes. After 20 minutes, rub remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil on the fish fillets, and season with salt and pepper. Move sweet potatoes around making rom for the fish at one end of pan. Cook for 15-20 more minutes until fish is cooked and sweet potatoes are tender and lightly browned.