I ended up not using my crock pot yesterday. I found a bunch of different recipes for doing polenta in the crock pot, but as I wasn’t going to be home yesterday to be able to watch it (I like to do that with a new recipe so there is no yucky, undercooked or overcooked surprises when you get home and think dinner is waiting for you), I decided to try a crock pot polenta this weekend.
I am making pumpkin cookies today. I have little sweeties who love to bake and a friend who needs a little tasty love after having close encounters with her doctors this past week or so. These are tasty, soft, and very comforting. I hope you all enjoy them. They are a big hit at my house!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cup bean flour blend
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup GFCF margarine such as earth balance
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins or chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine gluten-free flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients. Stir in raisins or chocolate chips, if using.
- Drop by tablespoons onto an oil sprayed baking sheet or Silpat. Bake 15 to 18 minutes.