Sandra at familycorner.blogspot.com hosts Slow Cooking Thursday, a crock pot recipe exchange. Check it out. I love my crock pot. There are days we would never eat anything but cold cereal if I didn’t have mine set up.
Here’s my contribution for this week:
Slow Cooking Orange Chicken with Winter Squash & Sweet Potatoes
- 1 medium winter squash seeded, peeled and cut into 1-1½” cubes (such as butternut squash)
- 2-3 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes the same size as squash
- 5-6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup GFCF chicken broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 T Gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 T maple syrup
- ½ t ground ginger
- Mix squash and sweet potatoes into the bottom of your slow cooker. Lay chicken breast on top of veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Mix last 6 ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
- To freeze: Put all ingredients for one batch into a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put in slow cooker, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.